Because this month I don't believe in doing anything in a little way, but only in an over-the-top, hey look at me way, I ended up in the emergency room Monday. I had a touch of the stomach flu, got dehydrated, and ended up with 2 litres of liquids in an I.V. drip for 4 hours. Nothing too serious but not fun either. This has just been our month, illnesses, back strain...March came in like a lion and appears to be going out that way too.
But because I try not to dwell on the negative (bad for health and karma) I thought I'd write my top 13 happy thoughts for today. Enjoy!
Top 13 Happy Thoughts for Today:
1. I don't have the stomach flu today. And I lost 8 pounds while I was sick (the hard, yucky way- and no I am not talking about working out.)
2. Everyone in my family is healthy today.
3. The sun is shining.
4. I have no weekend plans- love that freedom every once-in-awhile.
5. The flowers are in bloom, in every color or the rainbow.
6. My scrapbook area is so very ultra-organized right now that it makes me smile just to sit back and look at it. And I smile bigger when I think about tearing into it all this weekend.
7. I have a stack of DVD's from the library in case of rain.
8. Ben, my 5 year old, still likes to hold my hand when we walk anywhere.
9. The laundry is washed, folded, and almost put away.
10. We have entered that time of year where you can open up the windows almost daily to let in that fresh, sweet, springtime air.
11. We have a pair of chickadees that are checking out our nesting box in our apple tree.
12. I know I'm odd, but the hum of a lawnmower is one of my favorite sounds of spring.
13. Easter is next weekend- can't wait for that visit from the easter bunny (bock-bock), time spent with family, and all the yummy food.
"Whoever is happy will make others happy, too."
- Mark Twain