Where, oh, where has the month of July gone...? If anyone out there can relate to this being a BUSY month let me know. I checked my blog tonight, which for some weird reason is now all underlined and fairly inaccesable to me, and realized that I hadn't posted anything for 3 weeks. So I thought tonight I would write down thirteen reasons why I have not been blogging.
1. I have been busy checking out other people's blogs... good job everyone else- you not only keep me informed but you are way more organized about writing in your blog.
2. We have either had company or been to someone's house 2-3 times per week for the last month.
3. I have been working in the yard, with a lot of help from my mom. Thanks Mom, you have helped make our yard into a fun, funky, oasis.
4. I spend way too much time looking at pink clothing for our future daughter.
5. One of the women who works for me took 3 weeks off (to get married, always a good reason to be gone:) and I worked extra hours to fill in for her.
6. My son has had a field trip every week that I have gone on as a chaperone (I run the Preschool that he attends so I always get to go on the fun excersions, and plan them)
7. I am 5 months pregnant and I fall asleep early (I used to blog more at night)
8. Our favorite neighborhood video store, that has been here for over 24 years, closed for good last week and we rented a ton of movies before they closed, stayed up way to late (which contradicts #7 but I did nap those days) and cried the day they locked the doors.
9. I am easily distracted by the many organizing projects I have going on all at once.
10. I have been trying to play more because, well, it's just plain fun!
11. It has been really hot.
12. I have been running around town picking up pink paint chips and taping them to the wall in our office, going through Ben's old baby clothes and bedding, and making a list of what we need to buy (not much thank goodness) before the new baby comes.
13. I know I've used this for many of my reasons but I'm pregnant and I just can't remember to do everything, and when I do write a list I lose it half the time...
So in my defense if I am absent more this month just look for me in the back yard. I'll be there, my swollen feet up on a comfy chair, sipping some (decaf) iced, sun tea, reading a good book or just taking a moment to watch the clouds drift by.