Oh Emma, how you've grown. It truly seems like yesterday that you came into this world and yet my calendar reminds me that you are already 6 months old... I had forgotten how quickly the time passes and all the changes that occur that first year of life. And because that time passes so fast I wanted to record some of your favorite things.
So here are your top 13 things that you love in your first 6 months of life:
1. Your big brother Ben- he is your sun, your moon, and your stars and the special bond that you share, including those silly laughs and grins, is as the ad says "PRICELESS" (and your love for mommy and daddy is somewhere in there too- :)
2. Milk, Rice cereal, and the thought of getting your hands on any food within reach.
3. Dolly, your little stuffed doll from Uncle Joe.
4. Your play gym- you love to lay on your back and kick and squeal and talk and your greatest joy comes when you can pull the monkey down and put its feet in your mouth.
5. Music- you love Sesame Street, Jack Johnson, lullabies, nursery rhymes, 80's tunes and disco (sorry about those last two but you are at the mercy of your parents musical tastes). Sometimes you "sing" along in a little high pitched voice that reminds us of dolphins communicating underwater.
6. Chewing on anything and everything that you can get near your mouth (current favorites include fingers, board books, and blankets.)
7. Skylights and ceiling fans hold a special fascination for you.
8. Getting your diaper changed, you dance, stomp, giggle, and hope that we won't put a new diaper on because it gives you a chance to be naked- yipee!
9. Being outside- now that the weather is warming up (on occasion) you love to be outside looking around at the big world all around you.
10. A nice, warm bath.
11. Being held while you sleep ( and trust me, we love to hold you too because we know that this won't last forever.)
12. People who smile at you, especially your friends and family- you do seem to save your biggest and best smiles for them.
13. Cameras- you are the world's biggest ham when the camera comes out which is making it more and more difficult to snap a "candid" photo of you.
And by the way- your current stats are as follows:
Height- 27 1/2 inches
Weight- 18 lbs. 7 oz.
Eyes- bright blue
Hair- brown, red, and blonde
We love you Emma Rose- happy "month-aversary".