Here is a look at the 5 Summer Salads my mom and I prepared last weekend to celebrate my dad's birthday (thank you summer for finally giving us enough sun to be able to harvest most of the ingredients from our own gardens.)
Snowpea With Yogurt, Dill, Cashews, and Cilantro Quinoa with Tomatoes and CucumbersCucumbers and Vinegar with Walla Walla Sweet Onions Fresh Corn Salad with Red Bell Peppers, Lime, Cilantro and Red Onion Caprese Salad with Heirloom Tomatoes, Fresh Mozarella, Basil, and Olive Oil Oh, yeah, and that Chocolate Cake with Chocolate-Peanut Butter Frosting (lest you think we were a bunch of healthy eaters over here.)
Hershey's 5 minute-One Bowl Chocolate Cake Recipe
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (I use Euphoria's Sunrise Baking Cocoa)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour two nine inch round pans (or one large 13x9 baking pan, or makes 24 cupcakes).
- In a large bowl, stir together the sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add the eggs, milk, oil and vanilla, mix for 2 minutes on medium speed of mixer.
- Stir in the boiling water last. Batter will be thin. Pour evenly into the prepared pans.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes in the preheated oven, until the cake tests done with a toothpick. Cool in the pans for 10 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.